Wednesday, March 20, 2013

6 of My Favorite Spring and Easter DIY Craft Tutorials


With Spring in the air and Easter just around the corner, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite tutorials to celebrate the new season. I feel like it was just Christmas... I'm not sure where the time goes, but luckily I always have a bunch of season and holiday-appropriate craft tutorials in my back pocket to share. 


One of the things I love most about Springtime is the beautiful and vibrant colors that come out to play again after a long winter's nap. I hope you find something here that sparks your fancy and gets you itchin' to put your craftin' pants on and take 'em out for a spin!



(notmartha.org)


I love pretty much anything papier maché, but these are made with one of my favorite craft supplies -- tissue paper -- so I love them even more! Plus, these little cuties are designed to break open and reveal a secret stash of sweetness, so in my book, you can't go wrong!!

Easter and Spring Craft ideas: how to make papier mache easter eggs


(pattyschaffer.typepad.com)

This reminds me of spending my summers in England and running around barefoot in the soft grass at my Gran's cottage, making daisy chain crowns and picking beautiful buttercups :)

Easter and Spring Craft ideas: how to make a spring baby grass yarn wreath

(nikkiinstitches.com)

These eggs are so simple, yet so interesting! I don't think I ever would have thought to layer paper-punched circles of decorative scrapbook paper like this, but I really love the effect!  Plus, the color choices are endless, as there are so many lovely paper colors and patterns out there that it just makes my head spin.

Easter and Spring Craft ideas: how to make paper punch decorated easter eggs

(twogirlsbeingcrafty.blogspot.com)

I am always drawn to images of cherry blossom trees in the spring, and one of the things they are so well known for is their fleeting ephemeral beauty. Their delicate blossoms only last for a few days on the tree before falling sadly to the ground...but these crepe paper flowers are a wonderful recreation of the famous blooms and will last forever!  
I can't wait to make some of these.

Easter and Spring Craft ideas: how to make cherry blossom branch from crepe paper


(familyfun.go.com)

I am so in love with these yarn eggs! I adore the pink and orange, and I'm thinking these would also make lovely decorations for a beautiful handmade wedding. (Yup, that's goin in the notebook!!)

Easter and Spring Craft ideas: how to make yarn eggs with balloons

(lovelyindeed.com)

Washi tape! It has its own cult following. Because it's super awesome, that's why, and aren't these washi decorated eggs just the proof of that??

Easter and Spring Craft ideas: how to decorate eggs with washi tape


How will you welcome Spring? I hope you enjoyed this collection of spring and Easter craft projects. 

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment