Monday, December 30, 2013

Handmade Christmas: Feather Prints by Jody Edwards

One of my resolutions for 2014 is to fill my empty walls with art. I am so picky that I end up just leaving walls bare instead of throwing any ole thing up there. I always think to myself that I'll make something to fill up this space and paint something to fill up that space, but then guess what? I never do. It's just too much pressure. It's like the whole blank canvas syndrome - where to start?

So when I discovered Jody Edwards' beautiful paintings on Etsy, I felt like it was a sign! When my darling husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I showed him these feather prints and he said, "Those are awesome, let's get a bunch!" So we did, but it's only the beginning of our collection :)

Click on any of the photos to see them on Etsy:

 three feathers print by jodyvanb on etsy

 country feathers print by jodyvanb on etsy

 woodpecker feathers vertical print by jodyvanb on etsy

 two blue jay feathers print by jodyvanb on etsy
 grouse feathers blank card by jodyvanb on etsy



four blue jay feathers art card by jodyvanb on etsy

Aren't they just gorgeous? The first four we got as 8x10 prints and the last two on greeting cards. I think they will be a beautiful start to a picture wall. Now to get some frames!

All images © Jody Edwards from http://jodyvanb.etsy.com

1 comment:

  1. Our house is the same way! Every wall is empty except the hallway, it is filled with family and travel photos. You have inspired me to look around for some living room art.

    ReplyDelete